Glenburn Station has employed many shepherds, fencers, scrub-cutters, shearers and cooks. In days gone by the station employed as many as nine shepherds at one time. The Cook House, old shepherds whare, stables and 8 stand closed-board woolshed are still an integral part of the farming operation.
Glenburn was purchased by Edward ‘King’ Riddiford in 1900 and sold in 1998 to an American company, Boston-based investment company, GMO Renewable Resources. John and Helen McFadzean, and Alistair and Bridget Reid purchased the property in 2007, which placed it back in New Zealand ownership.